Saturday, September 28, 2013

Should Donations To Portland Oregon "shelters" be Given To Rescues Instead?


To: Michael Oswald

     Officer Michelle Luckey
     Officer Charles Poetz
     Kim Peoples
     Attny David Blankfeld
CC: County Chair Marissa Madrigal
       Couty Commission
I understand Ozzie was killed September 17 despite the fact that you well knew 
 ( as did David Blankfeld) I had humane options for him and indeed had raised money
 for his writ of review appeal ( $500). Why would you do that ? ( and I include David 
Blankfled  in that comment because he was completely involved, asks and well knows 
I help in cases like  this, and did nothing desdpite that information ...on vacation. . 
My concerns are significant also because the same week Ozzie  was killed MCAS 
brokered a  deal with FDNL to release another little dog that had actually killed a dog but as noted in the
 record  " you wanted him to have a second chance." 
Are only dogs affiliated with FDNL and  other large organizations allowed 
"second chances"?

 Not the dogs of the homeless? Why?
You well know that my placement history is very effective, thorough and conscientious.
 I have no idea after you knew my investment in Ozzie, the minor nature of his "crimes"
 why our offers of  humane alternatives were just ignored/not even acknowledged 
( in case the writ of review did not go through for monetary reasons;I had the funds donated). 

Ozzie had chances, his crimes were  minor,  he was a nice dog. you killed him anyway 
after months of unnecessary solitary confinement, just carelessly snuffed out his life.. 

I consider that cruelty.
Meanwhile I am putting together resources for Pucky ( MCAS 541100) and Charlie  
( MCAS  550945)
Please don't kill them. I will deal with my concerns about the circumstances surrounding Ozzie's
 death ( this has happened before) at greater length later.
Thank you
Gail O'Connell-Babcock
503.625.4563
   

No comments:

Post a Comment