Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Bullseye Is Not Something You Want To See On Your Body


The image of this Bullseye, isn't very clear, but it's easy to see that there is a red, smooth circle, with a small red dot in the center.

I woke up July 24, 2013 with about a 1.5 inch Bullseye on my right back shoulder.

This is not a welcome sign and is a positive indicator that I had been bitten by a particular species of deer tick who was carrying the Lyme bacteria.




Depending on what information you read only about 40% of persons bitten by an infected deer tick are lucky enough to get this circular skin rash Bullseye, also medically called  erythema migrans (EM).

The rash is not raised, scaly or easily mistaken for ringworm rashes, which are not worn related but a fungal infection. 

Besides the environment was not right for ringworm, but totally perfect for deer.  We have deer all over, many have taken up residence on our property, some live with the horses, others share pastures, a particular buck has decided he lives in the residential are around the house and barn   I call him, the anywhere-he-wants-to-go-buck.....

At first I thought he must be injured since he would never jump the fence when we would encounter each other on our long driveway, instead we would juggle sharing the drive and then he would shoot past me, now he sort of strolls out of my way.  At first he would run to the gate to the road, which any deer could easily jump, but then he would turn back.

There is nothing physically wrong with him, he can run, trot, and bounce like any other deer, he just chooses to stay here and eat from our Raspberry bushes and Apple trees...guess he sees no reason to leave.

Wiki has lots to say about Lyme disease   as do many other sites.  In fact, this will give me an opportunity to journal the progression, or hopefully the lack, there of, my encounter with this health challenge.  I've already begun doing in depth research and learning more than I've ever wanted to know.  It's not surprising that Lyme is the fastest growing disease, it's an imitator of many other diseases and few medical doctors are Lyme Literate.  Symptoms cover every area of the body and effect the blood, the brain, neurological system, central nervous system, heart, joints, psychological and more if that's even imaginable.  Symptoms change, come and go and if not remedied can cause physical suffering for years.

I'm glad to fall in the category of having the Bullseye, it made me jump into discovering as much as possible and see if I can totally prevent any debilitating symptoms from ever happening.

When the Bullseye appears it means that the deer tick had already fed on me sometime within 1-30 days previously.  Normally people with the Bullseye already have been experiencing some early symptoms similar to flu, headaches, nausea, depression,   I'm lucky to report that one month later I'm still symptom free and doing almost everything possible to stay that way.  I'll be giving details information of the many things that a person can do to maximize their chances with Lyme or any other disorder.

But then, with my aggressive immune support, detox and other health supportive remedies that I've taken all my life and ramped up a notch after Fukushima destroyed the Northern hemisphere, and before it hit our shores 1 week later, it's likely that my immune system is in as good as condition as it could be for encountering that tick.

 However, there are still quite a few things that I can be doing that are specific to Lyme, and I started those the same day that I discovered the Bullseye.  I'll be covering many more details and showing photo updates.

I immediately applied a Bentonite Clay Poultice   to the Bullseye to help draw out any toxins, including bacteria, viral, parasitic, heavy metal or other debris and prevent it from penetrating deeper into my system.  I also began  clay foot baths for additional detoxification and should, but have not, taken clay baths  for more thorough detoxification and removal of potential bacteria.











 Nymphal and adult deer ticks can be carriers of Lyme disease.
 Nymphs are about the size of a poppy seed.

 Here's the brief info about Lyme disease....

Lyme disease (Lyme borreliosis) is an infectious disease caused by at least three species of bacteria belonging to the genus Borrelia.[1][2] Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto[3] is the main cause of Lyme disease in North America, whereas Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii cause most European cases. The disease is named after the towns of Lyme and Old Lyme, Connecticut, US, where a number of cases were identified in 1975. Although it was known that Lyme disease was a tick-borne disease as far back as 1978, the cause of the disease remained a mystery until 1981, when B. burgdorferi was identified by Willy Burgdorfer.
Lyme disease is the most common tick-borne disease in the Northern Hemisphere.[4] Borrelia is transmitted to humans by the bite of infected ticks belonging to a few species of the genus Ixodes ("hard ticks").[5] Early symptoms may include fever, headache, fatigue, depression, and a characteristic circular skin rash called erythema migrans (EM). Left untreated, later symptoms may involve the joints, heart, and central nervous system. In most cases, the infection and its symptoms are eliminated by antibiotics, especially if the illness is treated early.[6] Delayed or inadequate treatment can lead to more serious symptoms, which can be disabling and difficult to treat.[7]  

 Check back often for updated info and my journey.  Hope it helps you or someone you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment